The Dwarf Template is meant to signify that a creature was born smaller than a normal member of its species; their size makes them more suited for fine-detailed work, but they will never be as strong as other members of its species. The Dwarf template can only be taken during character creation and cannot be lost.
- Height: Dwarves typically stand between 1.5 and 1.25 times as short of a normal member of its species. For humans, dwarves usually stand between 3 feet, 11 inches (1.19 meters) and 4'8" (1.42m).
- Weight: Dwarves might weight between half and three-quarters the weight an averaged sized member of their species. Human dwarves around 3'11" range between 58 and 78 pounds (26 and 35 kilograms), while those edging towards 4'8" range between 82 and 111 lb (37 and 50 kg).
The Dwarf Template applies the following modifiers to Base Characteristics:
- Dexterity: +3. Maximum Cap: +6 Strength.
- A Dwarf's smaller hands make them more suited for fine detail work, providing greater control over tools and allowing for more controlled movement.
- Strength: -3. Maximum Cap: -6 Strength.
- Being smaller means having less capacity for muscle mass, which means having much less Strength.