Intimidation lets character interrogate others for information and force them to do tasks out of fear.
- Primary Characteristic: Charisma
- Time to Perform: As part of an Interaction
Intimidation functions similarly to Charm, except that it attempts to motivate people into performing tasks based on fear instead of kindness. Most characters start out as Indifferent towards the person Intimidating them, though they might begin at a different state depending on the circumstances in which the Intimidation check occurs.
The difficulty in moving someone from one stage of fear to the next is based on the following table:
|Stage||Description||Effect||Difficulty to next stage|
|Terrified||The target is petrified at the sight of their oppressor||Oppressor receives a 3d6 Advantage on Accuracy and Skill rolls vs the target.||None|
|Frightened||The target is visibly afraid of their oppressor||Oppressor receives a 2d6 Advantage on Accuracy and Skill rolls vs the target.||21+Willpower to Terrified|
|Startled||The oppressor has caught their victim off guard.||Oppressor receives a 1d6 Advantage on Accuracy and Skill rolls vs the target.||18+Willpower to Frightened|
|Indifferent||The character has no strong feelings towards their oppressor||No Effect||14+Willpower to Startled|
|Unimpressed||The target is bored by their oppressor's intimidation attempts.||Oppressor suffers -1d6 Disadvantage on Persuasion checks based on fear vs the target.||11+Willpower to Indifferent|
|Confident||The target perceives no real danger from the oppressor's threats||Oppressor suffers -2d6 Disadvantage on Persuasion checks based on fear vs the target.||8+Willpower to Unimpressed.|
|Jovial||The target laughs at their oppressor's failure to be scary.||Oppressor suffers -3d6 Disadvantage on Persuasion checks based on fear vs the target.||Willpower to Confident.|
Characters receive Advantages for the following circumstances:
- The oppressor is likely to win in combat against their target.
- The oppressor plays in their favor to the target's Flaws and Complications.
- The oppressor has access to something their target values.
Characters receive Disadvantages if:
- The target is likely to win in combat against their oppressor.
- The oppressor plays poorly to their target's Flaws and Complications.
- The oppressor has nothing to leverage over their target.