The Power's user suffers side effects when using the Power. Applicable Side Effects and their Actual Point Cost reduction are listed in the following table:
|Side Effect||Cost Reduction|
|Base Characteristics are reduced||1 APC per 5 TAP per -2 penalty|
|User takes damage||-1 ACP per 5 TAP per 1d6 damage|
|Character is unable to move for 1 round||-2 APC per 5 TAP|
|Character is unable to speack||-1 APC per 5 TAP|
The available Side Effects are described as follows
- Base Characteristics are Reduced: If the character willingly reduces one of their Base Characteristics for either 1 Turn or the duration of the Power, which ever is longer, they can reduce their Power's Actual Point Cost by 1 per 3 points the Characteristic is reduced per 5 Total Active Points.
- Character takes damage: Upon activating the Power, the user takes 1d6 damage that bypasses all defenses; the character cannot reduce this with Toughness, Armor, or Damage Reduction. For every 1d6 damage, the Actual Point Cost is reduced by 1 per 5 Total Active Points. If taken with a Maintained Power, the Side Effect's damage cannot be healed until the player stops Maintaining the Power. This damage is in addition to the Stamina cost for activating the Power.
- Character is unable to move: Upon activation, the user is unable to move until the end of their next Turn or Round. If prevented from moving for 1 Turn, the Actual Point Cost is reduced by 1 per 5 Total Active Points. If movement is prevented for 1 Round, the cost reduction is doubled. If this Side Effect is taken for a Maintained Power, the character is prevented from moving for as long as they Maintain the Power, but the cost reduction is tripled.
- Character is unable to speak: For as long as the Power is active, the character is unable to speak. If the Power has an Instant duration, the user is prevented from speaking until the end of their next turn. If the Power is Maintained, the user cannot speak for as long as they Maintain the Power. This Side Effect reduces the Power's Actual Point Cost by 1 per 5 Total Active Points.
- Character is unable to Maintain other Powers: A Power with this Limitation prevents its user from activating any other Powers that must be Maintained. In exchange, the Power's Actual Point Cost is reduced by 1 per 5 Total Active Points.
A Power can have multiple Side Effects.